DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER BASED ACCOUNTING at Trincomalee Campus
2nd Intake (2023/2024)
Computerized accounting is carried out via computerized accounting software and computers in the recording, analysis, and storage of financial and accounting data. A computerized accounting system brings with it many advantages that are unavailable to analog accounting systems. This specialized skill course provides comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge in the application of selected accounting software in business data processing to produce financial statements and also facilitates the students for increasing their knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Therefore, from this course, you can create wonderful opportunities with your career.
Objectives of the diploma
- • To provide an opportunity for the candidate to earn a professional qualification in Accounting.
- • To develop knowledge and skills in handling a computerized accounting system.
- • To produce the candidate to gain knowledge for sharing the accounting information for the need of decision-makers in the dynamic accounting environment.
Passed in any three subjects in G.C.E. (A/L) at any attempt or Completed NVQF Level 4 AND Passed in any six subjects in G.C.E. (O/L) at any attempt including Mathematics and English or Completed NVQF Level 3
Passed Level 1 AAT Examination / Level I of Chartered Accountancy Sri Lanka (CASL)/ Foundation Level of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA-UK) or Foundation Level of Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka (CMA)/ Knowledge Module of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA-UK)
any other academic or professional qualification on the approval of the Senate by the recommendation of the Faculty Board.
Year I Semester I (15 Credits)
- DCBA 1013 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- DCBA 1023 Introduction to Management Accounting
- DCBA 1033 Introduction to Computer Based Accounting – Sage 50
- DCBA 1043 Introduction to Computer Based Accounting – Quick Book
- DCBA 1053 Accounting Information System
Year I Semester II (15 Credits)
- DCBA 1063 Computer Application for Accounting
- DCBA 1073 Taxation
- DCBA 1083 Auditing
- DCBA 1093 Advanced Computer Based Accounting – Sage 50
- DCBA 1103 Advanced Computer Based Accounting – Quick Books
Applications have now been called for the 1st intake of the Diploma in Computer Based Accounting offered by the Department of Business and Management Studies, External Studies Unit, Trincomalee Campus, Eastern University, Sri Lanka. The programme is conducted by External Studies Unit, Faculty of Communication and Business Studies, Trincomalee Campus, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
Mode of Classes
Saturday & Sunday
15 - February - 2024
Diploma in Computer Based Accounting
Department of Business and Management Studies
Faculty of Communication and Business Studies
Trincomalee Campus, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Contact - 0759999023/0263268835
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org